We held a WCA Retrieving Ratings on Sunday, Sept 17th at Prado. The day was overcast and cool, great day for dog training! I would like to extend huge thanks to all who helped make this a very successful event. Thank you to our judges, Nancy Rapoport and Anne Taguchi, who presided over the 2 entries in the RD and 9 entries in the NRD. Thanks to Carlos DeTevis for procuring birds, gunning in the RD and some of the NRD, and helping get the testing grounds set. Thanks to Mike Fields who manned bird stations in both stakes. Thanks to Rachel Aguilar and Dona Tanaka, WCA rep and Event Chair respectively, without whom we could not have put on the test. And thank you Dona for all the great pictures! And most of all, Thank you to all who entered and supported our Club event, and brought their pot luck offerings for the wonderful lunch we enjoyed after we were finished. There were a few who did not qualify, but were very interested in their birds. With just a little more training they will easily earn their ratings in future events.
Louise Brady, event secretary
Qualifiers at this event were as follows:
- Ch Regen’s It’s My Party CGC, NW2 (Maile) owned and handled by Teri Rice
- Top Hat’s Crazy For M&Ms (M) owned and handled by Stephanie Schuster
- Ch Sanbar’s Truth Be Told JH, OA, OAJ, SDX, VX (Squeak) owned and handled by Louise Brady
- Ch Barrett and Touchstone’s Star Circus Monkey JH (Stark) owned by Jana DeTevis and handled by Carlos DeTevis
- GCh Barrett N’ Star’s Under The Big Top JH, NSD (Zanie) owned and handled by Louise Brady